Saturday, July 2, 2011

TIme does fly, doesn´t it !!!

Wow it´s been forever since I have written any thing here !! and so much has happened the world was supposed to end, fortunately all that happened was a "little" volcano erupted here in the north.. again :/..... I started a new job :) (which explains the lack of blogging lately) AND my brother graduated as a doctor in Denmark (SO PROUD) :D I love Denmark and I had not been for a pretty long time, but it´s always as nice - and as I remembered, if you haven´t been you should aim to go one day. It´s not for nothing Danish people got voted the happiest people on the earth :).

But on to a little project I made a while ago, it´s super easy and it´s brilliant if you don´t have a lot of window space for a little herb garden ;) It´s basically a little extension of my window sill, I was running out of space with all my plants so I decided I needed one of these little things. I made it out of a pallet that I tore apart and cut the boards down to short pieces, to make the top part. a longer thinner wood is holding it together on the bottom with a "few" screws.




I added a little shelf there to make it a tad more stable and it´s good for storing the watering can.




I drilled a hole in the side of the shelf and tied a ribbon to the radiator to make sure it would not tip over if someone would bump into it ... really don´t wanna clean a whole lot of dirt of the floor.


Imperfections make character?


I know that it´s not perfect since the wood is a little bit twisted, and that annoyed me so much when I was piecing it together but I have grown to like it actually :)
Now the question is if I should paint it or keep it as it is ???

I´m gonna ease into blogging again by making this one short :)
Inga







SAS Interiors



-

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Welcome back Inga!! Its great that you're blogging again! I love the window sill, and I think it looks good wothout being painted.

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Welcome back, Inga! Congrats on your new job and to your brother! ;)
This is such a great idea! Love it!
Thank you so much for sharing this @ {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Well, I paint almost EVERYTHING, so I'd probably paint it, but it doesn't need to be painted. It's cute as it is. I think imperfections do make character!
I could use a few of these myself.